We have a dedicated litigation team that represents our clients in a broad variety of disputes including class suits, labour disputes, contractual claims, insolvency, real estate, environment, intellectual property and regulatory compliance litigated in all Courts with their respective divisions as well as tribunals across the country. We recognize that litigation can be disruptive to our clients’ businesses and equally time consuming and we thereby work closely with clients and devise strategies that will ensure minimal disruption and less contentious means of resolving disputes to ensure that commercial business relationships are not severed in the process.
With the welcomed introduction of court mandated mediation, the firm prides itself in negotiating out of court settlement of disputes.
Our Advocates are highly trained in their various means of interaction to ensure professional standards are maintained and cooperation of clients is achieved resulting in maximization of productivity and client satisfaction.
Experience and Achievements:
- Represented a water supply company in an application for judicial review orders seeking to quash notices issued against the company for inflated water bills.
- Successfully defended a company in a derivative action suit where some members sought leave to institute the suit on behalf of the company to prevent fraud.
- Successfully represented a supplier in a dispute regarding alleged illegal tendering process for a tender worth Kshs. 100million.
- Successfully defended a renowned construction company in arbitration proceedings filed by a subcontractor alleging breach of the terms of the construction agreement and claiming Kshs.55million.
- Successfully defended a consultancy company where their former legal counsel filed a bill of taxation resulting in saved costs of Kshs. 23 million.
- Conducted mediation for the beneficiaries of a high-net-worth estate in relation to the management and administration of the estate and assets in terms of the instrument establishing the trust.